Ambala city is situated on the National Highway, which is called Sher Shah Surya Marg, around 190 km from Delhi and 48 km from Chandigarh. The city was consecrated by the sixth Guru Sri Hargobind and the tenth Guru of Sri Guru Gobind Singh. Gurdwara Manji Sahib was built at where the 6th Guru remained during his visit to the city of Ambala. Gurdwara’s magnificent building GT Road (Sher Shah Suri Marg). Devotees visit this temple to take a dip in a nearby tank. They also take nectar from the Baoli built by the sixth Guru during their stay here. It is said that Gurdwara Baoli Sahib or Gurdwara Manji Sahib – Guru Hargobind needed to remain here for the time being to meet Emperor Jahangir. Villagers of nearby Khurampur Majri complained of lack of drinking water. Master urged them to burrow a kholi and trained a few Sikhs who lived here and helped the townspeople burrow and sparkle the Baoli.
The Guru was pleased to see the entire work on his return from Delhi.The Sikhs built up a commemoration stage, Manji Sahib, where Guru remained close Baoli. But Baoli was again partially filled and in dispute. After the conquest of Sirhind in 1764, when the Dal Khalsa distributed the territories among the various Kurtis, Ambala was occupied by Sardar Meher Singh of Nishanwali Musal. He cleaned and cleaned the Baoli and established a gurudwara in place of Manji Sahib. This is the current Gurdwara Manji Sahib, which is the main gurdwara of Ambala. Maharaja Heera Singh (1871–1911) of Nabha rebuilt it in the early 20th century. Further development took place after 1947. The gurudwara is close to the first bus stop in the city, when Punjab was approached by Grand Trunk Road. The old Baoli is still there and hence the Gurudwara is also called Baoli Sahib.
GT Road , Ambala City 91-171-2446949